Pages

Tuesday, December 5, 2017

Spider-Man: Homecoming (2017)


"Can you summon an army of spiders?"

Hi World,

  I like the play with the angles in this poster. Usually the horizon line is...well...horizontal. But with this poster it is changed up a bit, and it works. What also works very well for this poster is the simplicity of the design. It is no secret how I feel about simple design, and this poster goes to show that something does not need to be cluttered and complicated to be successful. Unfortunately, this was just a promo poster and not the official. Marvel has gotten into a slump with their poster game. Here is the official poster released for Spider-Man: Homecoming (2017):


   I don't understand the concept of floating heads and partial humans. It is a cluttered mess. The first poster that I shared was simple and eye catching. My eye doesn't know what to do with this poster. Simplicity is the key to a great poster. Why over-complicate? It is time to break the curse of the floating heads!

Here are a few other Marvel posters that suffer from the same curse: 


  Marvel has truly brought a universe to life with perfect writing, acting, and directing. I can see that the curse of the floating heads has become a staple for their poster design, and I am disappointed. I understand unity in branding, but it is time to break away from the floating heads and bring out the masterpieces I know they can produce.

Until Next Time,
P


No comments:

Post a Comment